Here is some detailed information about current practice and some changes to usual procedures during the COVID-19 outbreak. In order to keep the community and our first responders safe, please follow these directions until further notice:
1. For emergency calls, where a person’s personal safety or property are immediately endangered, call 9-1-1 right away. Officers will continue to promptly respond to the scene in a manner appropriate to the emergency. Always call 9-1-1 to report emergency situations.
2. For reports of previous crimes, suspicious behavior (not currently occurring), information requests, general complaints and similar needs, please call 9-1-1. The dispatcher will provide the details to an officer who will screen the call to determine the appropriate response. For circumstances that may not require a face-to-face interaction, an officer will call the complainant by phone to see if the request for police assistance or information can be handled by phone.
3. We strongly discourage walk-in complaints at the Public Safety Center. As a precaution, the Public Safety Center has been locked down to exclude visitors and other non-essential personnel. If it is necessary to visit the Public Safety Center to meet with a police officer or firefighter, please follow the instructions posted at the rear entrance to the facility.
4. To request a copy of a police report, please call our records department at 412-343-4143, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
5. To request a copy of a Pennsylvania State Reportable Crash Report, please visit: http://www.crashdocs.org/. All reports for Mt. Lebanon reportable crashes, which involve an injury or vehicle that requires a tow, are available for download at this website.
6. Fingerprinting services, child safety seat installations and public safety center tours are suspended indefinitely. If you need to be fingerprinted, find an authorized “IdentoGO” location at https://www.identogo.com/
7. For drivers who were previously issued a warning notice by an MLPD officer and need to show proof that the item was corrected, please respond to the rear parking lot of the Public Safety Center and call 9-1-1. Remain in the parking lot, in your car and an officer will respond to assist you.
Be aware, for the safety of both the public and department personnel, we may implement further modifications.
Visit https://www.mtlebanon.org/3460/Coronavirus-COVID-19 for the latest information.
Thanks to everyone for your understanding and cooperation. As always, we will do our best to serve and protect every member of our community during these difficult circumstances.