The Mt. Lebanon Police Department is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for the position of Deputy Chief of Police – Support Services Division.
The Mt. Lebanon Police Department – Support Services Division is responsible for the operations of the Records Unit, Crime Prevention Unit, Animal Control Unit, and staff responsibilities of Information Technology, Fleet and Facilities Management, Accreditation Management, Media Relations, Payroll and Attendance, Grants Management, Equipment and Inventory.
DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE – SUPPORT SERVICES DIVISION
Mt. Lebanon, PA (pop. 33,137) Mature, sophisticated 6.2 sq. mile Pittsburgh area community seeks experienced, proven, progressive Deputy Chief of Police to lead the Support Service Division of this innovative department consisting of 45 sworn, 10 civilian, 42 School Crossing Guards and a $10M operating budget. The Department responded to 23,094 calls for service in 2017. Mt. Lebanon is recognized for its excellent public safety services, extensive recreation facilities, well-maintained infrastructure, and sound financial management. Position is supervised by the Chief of Police and appointed by the Municipal Manager. Qualified individuals will be expected to have advanced leadership/command training with a minimum of five years experience in an upper management position in a law enforcement agency. Requires Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or related field; Master’s preferred. Also requires Pennsylvania Act 120 certification. Candidates should possess strong skills and/or experience in leadership, community policing, budgeting, scheduling, payroll, technology, information systems, records management, personnel management, labor relations, community partnerships, community outreach, media relations, grant administration, fleet & equipment management, and crime intervention strategies. Problem solving and communication/interpersonal skills needed with a team-management orientation.The salary range for the position is $85,950 to $107,438 with an excellent benefit package. The final salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
The complete Recruitment Profile can be found by clicking HERE or visiting this link: http://mtlebanonpd.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/MLPD-Deputy-Chief-Support-Services-Profile-1.pdf
Basic Requirements / Preferred Experience:
The Deputy Chief of Police – Support Services Division position entails day-to-day command of personnel, oversight of information systems, programs and other department activities such as budgeting and payroll, public information activities, liaison with external stakeholders, Information Technology systems, police records management, vehicle fleet management, equipment research and acquisition, and various other administrative tasks.
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Act 120 Municipal Police Officers’ Training Academy or equivalent from another State police academy with MPOETC reciprocity. Successful completion of the Pennsylvania Act 120 Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission Certification Exam is also required.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement Management, Public Administration or related field is required; a Master’s Degree is highly desirable. Graduation from the FBI National Academy, Southern Police Institute, Northwestern University School of Staff & Command or equivalent police command training is a bonus.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in law enforcement with at least 5 years of police management / command experience.
- Possess a broad range of experience in all areas of Police operations. Candidates should have in-depth experience and understanding of modern techniques, equipment, computer systems, technology, and methods & practices related to community policing.
- Experience in the administration of various police computer systems and databases is desirable. These would include police records management systems, automated scheduling systems and MDT systems, as well as oversight of compliance standards related to JNET, CLEAN and CHRIA.
- Knowledge and experience in public relations and interaction with the media is a plus, including the management of effective communication tools like social media pages and websites.
- Experience in an accredited police department and an understanding of and commitment to gaining and maintaining accreditation a plus.
- Have a background of complete integrity and honesty, gaining the respect of people, and leading and motivating personnel by example.
- The successful candidate must also maintain residency within 20 air miles of Mt. Lebanon Municipality within 12 months of appointment.
How To Apply:
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by June 22, 2018 to the attention of Bonnie Cross – HR Manager, Mt. Lebanon Municipality, 710 Washington Road, Pittsburgh, PA, 15228.
Questions about this opportunity may be sent to Bonnie Cross at email@example.com or 412-343-3625.
Mt. Lebanon will make reasonable accommodations to its programs and services to assure access to all persons. If because of a disability you require an accommodation, please contact Bonnie Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-343-3625. Mt. Lebanon is an equal opportunity employer.