The Mt. Lebanon Police Department is currently seeking applicants for the position of Police Officer.
Located six miles south of Pittsburgh, Mt. Lebanon is a suburb of 33,000 residents. Our progressive, community-oriented police department is widely known for its excellence.
· 2021 starting salary of $69,966
· Salary after five years of $99,970 (2021)
· Generous sick leave and vacation
· Attractive health-care package
· Full retirement at 50 years old after 25 years of service
· Specialty assignment and advancement opportunities
· State-of-the-art public safety center
· be a United States citizen
· be at least 21 years old
· possess a valid driver’s license
· have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university at time of hire
· pass a comprehensive background check
· adhere to MLPD tattoo policy which reads: “While on-duty or representing the Mt. Lebanon Police Department in any official capacity, members shall conceal all tattoos or other body art. Members have the option to wear the department-issued long-sleeved uniform shirt year-round or wear a tattoo cover up sleeve. Tattoos are not allowed to be visible below the wrist line at any time. Tattoos above the neckline and offensive tattoos are prohibited regardless if they are covered or not. Offensive tattoos include but are not limited to those that exhibit or advocate discrimination; those that exhibit gang, supremacist, or extremist group affiliation; and those that depict or promote drug use, sexually explicit acts, or other obscene material, as determined by the Chief of Police.”
To apply, click below or visit this link: https://mtlebanon.org/86/Employment
A $25 application fee must be paid online.
For payment, click below or visit this link: https://mtlebanon.org/86/Employment
CLICK ON THE “Pay Now!” BUTTON UNDER “Police Application Fee”.
Application deadline is 4:00 P.M., February 19, 2021.
The physical agility and written testing will be held on MARCH 20, 2021 at Keystone Oaks High School, 1000 Kelton Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15216. There are no exceptions.
Once the application has been submitted, the applicant will be sent information regarding the tests. The requirements for the physical agility test will follow the MPOETC Fitness Test Protocols for entry to the Act 120 program. The agility test will be given first and is pass/fail. Upon successful completion of the physical agility test, applicants will proceed to the written test.
For additional details on the Physical Agility and Written Tests, click below:
Questions about this opportunity may be sent to Bonnie Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-343-3625.
Mt. Lebanon is an equal opportunity employer.
Click HERE for full job announcement.
Click HERE for a downloadable flyer.